Saturday, May 30, 2009

Quick May ramblings

Gosh, I hope that Spring is stuck here to stay! It was a bumpy start with inopportune rain that in the cold evenings came down as (shhhh) s n o w f l a k e s . Enough of that, thank you sky! Didn't take long though for things to be green and blooms on trees to pop out. Summer season here is so short that we have to run outdoors and squeeze all summery goodness out of every possible moment. The last weekend in May marks the time we can set out annual plants (keeping an eye on possible rogue cold nights which sometimes happen), and then in late September it's pretty much done. October can be mild too, but we don't count on it.

I meant to start some seeds indoors but since that didn't happen I'll need to visit a greenhouse and take some money. Roma tomato plants are hard to find here! Why is that?? Is there an Italian consipiracy? I don't even like tomatoes all that much, but something about growing the little rubies appeals to me. Romas are best for bruchetta or sauce for canning since they're not as watery. Hope I didn't wait to long to get out there and find some.

Much puttering in my back yard to be done, but for a few reasons (no time to go into now) I'm not able to "git er done". *sigh* My hubby is great at keeping the lawns mowed and much of the other misc. tasks that I point out, but I should be doing my fair share too.

For the next 7 weeks I'll be working out of town for a few days a week at first, and increasing to full time in the last couple. There's a huge show I've worked on (costumes mostly) over the last 9 years, and have agreed to help with again. It's about an hour and a half one-way to drive out there (to the badlands of Drumheller, Alberta), so I stay in our little 5th wheel trailer on site. I might write more about this show and my experiences on the production team, but tonight just wanted to say that's one reason I'm not able to spend as much time as I should working on my yard and things around my home.

Oh, and my computer still isn't back to the way I had it. There's some missing software CDs I've yet to locate. Logic tells me I would have put them with the others in a specific spot, but they're not there. Hmmm, I keep pawing through other piles and stacks as I go, but don't have serious time to commit to a big hunt. Going to make do with what I DO have for now.

No comments: