Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My new Water Meter seems to be causing gas

I had to drive back to the city last night, about 2 am, from work (an hour and a half away) because the City Utilities people finally stood a good chance of showing up today to replace our older water meter with one that can be read from within their trucks cruising along the back lane. It's been 6 months since they first mailed to request access to our house to be able to do this, and they say they haven't had any response from me. Hmm!

I called, sat on hold for 45 minutes one day. I called again, was on hold for only 20 minutes but then 15 minutes before their offices close I was switched to a recording telling me they were closed for the day and to call again tomorrow. Bah! I let it slide for weeks, and then after another terse letter from them, I called in again and was finally able to make an appointment. The day came, and I waited for the service dude to arrive between noon and 4pm... no show, no call, nuttin. Double Bah!

Another mildly threatening letter hinting that my water would be turned off unless I contact them, so I did call yet again and today was the appointment date. I half expected nobody to turn up, but ironically, while he was downstairs working, my mail was delivered and included was a firm letter stating that I had 7 days to contact them, because all other attempts to get me to contact them had gone unanswered ( ??) or else my water would be shut off from the property line valve and it would cost me $42 to have it turned on again. Geepers!

So, the new meter is installed and the dude tells me that it uses a radio signal to shoot the readings out to the truck, so they won't have to physically tromp downstairs or even into the yard to read the meter numbers. I'll have to write a letter to the City now, explaining that I wasn't ignoring them in the least, but there were some communication mix-ups on their end. I'm sure they'd want to know *grin*

But, there's one thing that I'm not certain they'd want to know, nor would I know how to complain about such a thing..... about every 20 minutes, ever since the service dude left, there seems to be a radio signal going out to the receiver of our "Remote Control Farting Machine". Yes, you read correctly. Every 20 minutes a rude sound of flatulence emits from the black box which normally only responds when a palm sized remote, with a button, hidden in a pocket, is pressed.

Not sure at all how I could go about explaining and asking for a resolution to THAT problem. I doubt that the City has a plan for procedure in their manual for this particular situation, hmmm?

How do I explain why I have a Remote Controlled Farting Machine (title direct from the package) in the first place? Uhhh, well, it makes for interesting costume fitting sessions and helps to alleviate stress and unecessary intensity. Sometimes. (Might be a story for another blog post). hehehehehe

No comments: