Flylady. The mere thought of the Flylady, at this point in my life, scares me, when years ago it caused me to feel hopeful. You'll either know immediately what I'm talking about or you'll have scrunched eyebrows and a slight elvis-lip... "meh?"
http://flylady.org/ -- this broad has her act together, in terms of organization and having a clean and peaceful home. She started with just cleaning her sink, faithfully, but in the midst of her disorganized household every day she cleaned and shone her kitchen sink and it grew contagiously into the rest of her abode. Now she teaches and encourages others to take "baby steps" in that direction, by many (I mean a whole lotta) tireless emails throughout the day to help ga-thousands.
For the last few days it's been stewing in me to try it again, to unsubscribe my inactive yahoogroup self and start fresh with an email addy dedicated only to the daily batch of email reminders, hints, encouragments, prodding, etc. Am I crazy? Will this be another try but fade out effort on my part? I'm afraid to fail, but maybe I'm more afraid to succeed. I do self-sabotage most everything I do.... there, I said it. *pause for heavy thump of cosmic realization*. Will confessing that be a good or bad place to start -- I mean, am I already self defeating by admitting that, and admitting that I have no idea how to stop doing it either??
Just a while ago, I figured that I'd do just as I mentioned and join flylady fresh. First I avoided it by reading all emails in all mailboxes I could remember the passwords for without having to go get my notes. Then I ran over and cleaned my kitchen sink to a shine --- like pre-cleaning before the cleaning lady arrives so that she won't fully realize what bad shape the house is she's been hired to clean and therefore judge you to be a big slob (even if you are) hahaha. Now I'm procrastinating by writing in my blog about it... I mean, it's sooo valid to explore my feelings and motivations before embarking on such a............ (nah, I'm just putting it off).
Now I'm telling myself that by writing this down, I'm making myself accountable to anyone who reads it to make sure I follow all the flybroad's advice and in a few weeks I'll have to have a clean house to show for it, and that's stressing me OUT! If I try just a bit harder, I could talk myself out of doing this and might even offer a plausible reason! Brilliant! So I won't have to change, won't have to even attempt to make things a little better, and I'll be exactly where I am or a little bit worse by the time Christmas comes. Brillia... n.... wait a second, I don't think I want to be the same in a month.
BUT I have to be up early tomorrow and it's already after midnight. Surely it would be stoopid to join tonight and have an emailbox full in the morning when I won't be home to read it until later tomorrow sometime. Then there will be dinner to get busy with, and a couple loads of laundry, some sewing, etc. I don't think I have the time to try to do better, be tidier, get organized. I'm not organized enough to get organized.
.... round and round and round she goes,
where she stops, nobody knows.
3 years ago

4 comments:
"this broad has her act together, in terms of organization and having a clean and peaceful home"
She also is not a fabric freak, and she has no dependants! It seems like she learned a lot from her husband about picking up after oneself as well. LOL!
I'm the same, Di. She has a LOT of great ideas, but I just did not have time follow her faithfully. There is only One Person that I want to follow faithfully, and I fail at that every day, too. As far as FLYLADY goes, take what works for you. Adapt and make your own priorities.
Nice blog!
I was one of her first 50 fly babies and she was going to stop at 100 as she thought that was all she could manage.!!
Oh how the mighty have grown mightier.
But I have the books I made of my pages, customized for me of daily and weekly tasks etc.
I have always been Mother taught to leave a house clean at night. It works in most areas not associated with this den of iniquity/study/sewing studio....
She never got me to wear shoes and now my feet are telling me it would have been a good idea. After a day out they hurt because they are not used to wearing shoes.
She sure has supplemented her income. I too am on no mail.
nope you're not self defeating by admitting it, you're recognizing it - and with that recognition, you can move forward ..
hint?? do NOT stress about it . you know as well as I do that real life gets in the way of stuff - a LOT .. so .. do what you can in a day, then pick up where you left off the next day .. do NOT stress about it ..
I had to scale down my cmas giftees with the week plus hiccup in my schedule .. so rather than get all stressed, i do what i can and that's it .. you can't do more than you are capable of diane ..
hugs
and i'm praying for you to NOT stress and to also take it ONE step at a time
grace
oh di?? i just noticed that you have my old blogger address .. like i said to kristin .. just use my current wordpress url and ALL the previous content was migrated over there :D .. honest .. just change the url to http://gquilts.wordpress.com and that will pull the last post title
yes my WHOLE blog migrated over :D .. so you don't even need to keep the blogspot addy at all ;)
Post a Comment