Friday, October 3, 2008

Canadian Autumn

Scary, scary calendar! October has managed to tiptoe right up and flip the page over top of September. I've been comforted though because the weather here has been amazing, in fact breaking high temp records a couple times. It's the best of both worlds with the beautiful autumn colours but day temps of 27C (80.6F). Being able to walk through the growing piles of leaves and breaking a sweat -- very neat!

Canadian Thanksgiving is Mon. Oct 13 (just over a week away). I much prefer this early holiday to the American one in Nov., so it's not such a compact holiday frenzy. Being earlier in the year also makes for travelling to be with family much easier and pleasurable. We're going to take a scenic drive through the Rocky Mountains to the West Coast -- made that trip many times but it's always a breath stealer. My home will still be chugging along with the boarders staying behind, and I wonder if they'll even notice that I'm gone for a while.

Here are some pics I took from the last time we drove through the mountains.... but know that its impossible to capture such awesome scenery with photographs. Just gives a tease.























Here's a short & windy video taken by holding the camera up and out the open sunroof (thus the wind rush sound). Again just a taste of travelling through the Rockies.




Another short video, from inside the vehicle... no wind, but some glare on the glass.



This has caused me to look through my videos and pics and remember that I wanted to edit them together with music and narration, explaining the trip. Hmmm, good intentions but I didn't get that done - rats! I've since got a better camera and thus a whole new bunch of good intentions LOL! I learned how to post vids on my blog by doing this too, so that's a good thing.

OH! I just remembered that I already have some pics posted online, from an Fall Trip to the Coast, so click here if you'd like to see them.... and feel free to comment (I like to know what people's impressions are)

Well, we've got several more days until we leave, so I've got some packing to do. I should gather a list of quilt shops to visit while on the road too.... I've got some favourites and some new ones to explore. I'll still be wired and in touch as I travel, otherwise I might suffer from withdrawal.

No comments: