
At this moment, I'm watching a TV show on TLC "My Monkey Baby". uhhhh, what the heck?? The people in this don't realize how they're coming off looking "eccentric" but I suppose since they're disconnected from reality anyway, it won't bother them. On one hand, I want to shake these people when they talk baby goo-goo to their "daughter" while putting lipstick on her, being careful not to get any on her little pink dress. On the other hand, I do feel sorry for one particular woman who has seen her 6 own children grow up and leave home, and leave her confessing to be empty and alone. For her, she admits that this monkey will never grow up and leave her, so she pours herself into the poor creature, treating it like a human baby.
"I really loved being a Mom, I really did". Past tense. Yet her kids are still out there, but she's not able to move through the natural stages of parenthood and let them grow up. She needs to be needed 24/7, so now she has a monkey baby who eats, sleeps, bathes, goes to the store with her, and has never seen the inside of a cage or container suitable for an animal.
There are just so very many lonely people in this world.
Now the next show is on TLC "Truth Be Told: I'm Obsessed with My Pet".
"I am 44 years old, single, and I have 11 cats... my little furry family comes first in my life. Maybe that's why I'm single?"
Oh dear!

No comments:
Post a Comment