Looking through the screen door to our back yard, with wet snow blown into the screen and stuck to the glass... unable to open it for the drift outside. Had to go out another door and shovel a path through to the back.
Looking back at the same door, after shovelling a path to the garage.
Off towards the shed, the swing, and the neighbour's yard beyond the 6 foot fence.
Part of the view from the now-free door, looking at the gazebo frame leg and the pile left after moving the snow off the path on the patio.
This is a mail carrier standing (yes, standing) in front of the community boxes.
A truck nearly buried in a snow bank that has blocked the entire street with all the vehicles stuck in place. The snow is hard and crusted from the wind and quite hard to break into and get moving.
Lastly, this semi truck jack-knifed beside one of our major city freeways, and of course it caused more traffic delays and fender benders. Noone was hurt, thankfully.

2 comments:
i will be longing for that white stuff in the next two days...32C tomorrow and 39C Wed and I have Christmas meal here Thurs which is meant to be down to 24C.....tough if I wanted to cook on the day before.
Always causes me awe to realize that you & I are always in complete opposite seasons. When I'm unbearably hot at 46C, you're shivering. When I have a numb face and frozen eyeballs, you're suffering from the heat. How amazing is this planet? Anyway, I hope that you're able to cook without too much heat stress, as the temps here raised by over 30 degrees in a day. It's not aprox. +4C days and only -10C overnight.
Post a Comment