My hubby slipped out yesterday morning to do some shopping before I'd even woke, and found that the Dyson Vacuums we'd been eyeing for nearly a year were actually $100 off?! Those puppies never ever go on sale 'cuz I have been watching hard. So he rattled me out of bed, poured some coffee into me and took me over to play with the demo models to decide which I wanted. At first I thought I wanted the Purple Animal (it's an upright with a long extension hose) but then I tried the orange animal cannister and found it to feel better in a few ways. Plus, with a retractable power cord which the other didn't have, and although weighing more it was only the power head which was pushed and pulled instead of the whole thing. Thus, a cannister is what we bought.... The DC23
New Years Day and I'll be vacuuming.The traffic out there this afternoon was nut-a-zoid - worse than it was before Christmas or even Boxing Day week sales. Maybe everyone had the afternoon off work to prep for their New Year's Eve celebrations and so several thousand people had to dash out to buy shrimp rings and cheese balls? I was very glad to get back home.
We met our friends (the same ones we spent Christmas Eve with) at a great local steakhouse (plug for The Cattle Baron here) and had a mah-vellous supper, the 6 of us, then they dropped their teen daughter off at her friend's while we took our other god daughter back to their home. Waddled inside (the food was good & plenty from the restaurant) to play Yahtzee and chat until near midnight. Watched a broadcast from Toronto Canada where the performers were freezing their butts off in an outside concert, and everyone had icicles on their faces. We Canadians are a hardy bunch!! The girls in go-go skirts --- either insane or .... no, there is no or, they must have been insane. Good grief. Surely the planners of these events will clue in one of these years that it's winter and that's what indoor stadiums are for???
We were toasty & warm and indoors. Home now, each on our respective computers with fingers flying as we catch up on emails while the electric blanket pre-warms up our welcoming bed. Tomorrow we continue our labour of sleeping in, shuffling around in our jammies for as long as possible, but tomorrow I shall suck the threadballs and bits of tissue off the rugs with my new machine.
Goodnight, and farewell to 2008.

1 comment:
I know what you mean about it being nutty... I went to Costco (wholesale warehouse store) on the 31st and it was a ZOO! I had to park in a parking lot I didn't even know they had! Don't these people have to WORK on the 31st???? I was soooooo thankful that my only business was at the optical and I didn't have to stand in line all day.
Post a Comment